Vegetarian Red Pepper Pasta
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This vegetarian pasta dish is SO full of flavor, it even got a thumbs up from my meat-crazy husband!
The roasted peppers (jarred) are a perfect powerful (and colorful) packed accompaniment to any pasta. You simply don't need to add much besides a dash of Crème fraîche !
Ingredients: (Serves 4 adults)
- Pasta (I used a bag of fresh Penne)
- Large Jarred Roasted Red Peppers (I used Red & Yellow mix - 400g net weight, 500-600g with liquid)
- 4 tbl sp Crème fraîche (You can use normal cream if you wish)
- 1 tbl spoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove finely chopped
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional. Garnishing at end)
- Bring salted water to the boil (don't add oil to your pasta water, it stops the pasta from absorbing the sauce)
- Add pasta & cook for amount of time suggested on the box (fresh is obviously much faster)
- While pasta is cooking, fry up garlic & onions in a little olive oil
- Once onions are browned, add all the jarred peppers (**drained of the liquid they jarred in) to the pan to just heat through.
- Stir for a few minutes to heat through then transfer all contents of pan to a Blender / Nutribullet
- Blend until fairly smooth (you still want it to have some texture)
- Return to the same pan as before & bring back to a simmer
- Add the Crème fraîche & stir, letting it simmer for 5 minutes
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Mix with pasta or simply pour individually on-top of dished pasta
- Top with grated Parmesan if you wish
*This sauce will work with any type of pasta
*It's fabulous as a leftover meal, reheat the next day for lunch!
Feel free to leave a comment below, id love to hear from you
If you enjoyed this recipe, you can share it with your friends by clicking the Facebook icon below