Baked Brie & Apple Appetizer
An anytime, crowd pleasing Appetizer
- 1 green apple
- 1 small wheel of Brie
- Brown sugar
- 1 tbl sp butter
- 1 egg (lightly beaten to eggwash)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Crackers to serve
- Cut one green apple. 1/2 thinly sliced and other half cubed.
- Take one small wheel of Brie and cut in half horizontally.
- Pour brown sugar on one side and thinly sliced apple on the other side. Return the two sides together.
- Place the wheel of Brie in the center of your puff pastry dough. Then slice small sections and wrap the entire Brie. **Do not leave any open spaces, as the cheese will melt out during baking.
- Add a light egg wash to the top and sides, for a nice golden brown top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minuets.
- While the Brie is in the last 10 minutes of baking, fry your cubed apples on medium heat. Add a mixture of butter and brown sugar. I eyeballed this part but would say about 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. You can add more if needed. Fry until apples are soft and the mixture is more of a gooey texture.
- •Remove Brie from oven and place on serving dish. Add the cooked apple mixture immediately over the top of Brie.
****Very important to let the Baked Brie sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. If you serve too soon, your guests will just have a hot lava mess****
•Serve with your favorite crackers*
Feel free to leave a comment below, id love to hear from you
If you enjoyed this recipe, you can share it with your friends by clicking the Facebook icon below