Healthy 'Apple Crumble'
Whole Baked Stuffed Apples
This recipe is SUPER yummy, I promise I felt like I was eating a large slice of Apple Crumble dessert, yet this has FAR less calories, quick to make & certainly a crowd pleaser.
- Whole apples (I used Jazz apples, most apples work well for baking)
- Whole raw Oats (2 tbl sp per apple)
- Brown raw sugar (1/2 tsp per apple)
- Cinnamon (Sprinkle per apple)
Method: (Oven 200c)
- Mix all the oats, brown sugar & cinnamon in a bowl & set aside
- Carefully Core the apples, making sure NOT to go the whole way through - you want the bottom to still be closed
- Place the oat mixture carefully (and evenly) inside the cored apples
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the apples are soft when poked
- The baking time varies with the type of apple you used - mine cooked for 35 minutes & were still slightly firm, which is how I like them
- If you'd like them mushy then just leave it in longer - apple like Granny Smith (yellow) cook much quicker so keep an eye on them.
- I served mine with unsweetened thick greek yogurt - it was gorgeous!
Feel free to leave a comment below, id love to hear from you
If you enjoyed this recipe, you can share it with your friends by clicking the Facebook icon below