No-Bake 4 ingredient Fruit Tart
No-Bake, 4 ingredient Yogurt Fruit Tart (Gluten & Guilt free)
Oh boy - this is officially one of my new fav desserts. Even the hubby approved! I love experimenting with healthier versions of cakes, tarts & indulgent deserts - so when I wanted to make a Yogurt tart with a healthy base, I straight away turned to my 2 fav ingredients: Dates & Cashew Nuts. It then quickly became a Gluten Free, 4 ingredient Recipe - madness!
The base is made of only 2 ingredients - Dates & Cashew Nuts. Cashews have a gorgeous creamy texture when blended, and Dates bring all the sweet & stickiness to compliment the yogurt & fruit. The tart is filled just with a Greek yogurt. I advise using only a very thick yogurt like Greek, so that it doesn't become too runny when trying to cut later. If you can get vanilla, its the best flavor with this - otherwise just use plain Greek & stir in some honey to sweeten it up a little. You can make this in any dish really, you don't have to have a tart dish. I do however recommend (before beginning) rubbing the bottom of the dish with butter, then covering with baking/parchment paper - the butter helps the paper to stick, and the paper helps you make it easier when cutting or removing the tart. I also advice cutting it in the dish & using a silicone spatula to remove. I used a standard 9inch non stick tart tray.
My last bit of advice is on the base: Soften your Dates by soaking them in warm water for 5 minutes. Use less than specified amount of dates at first - blend the Cashews & Dates together (food processor best if you have one) then check the consistency. If it's not sticky enough to be like a dough, then add some more dates & a tiny bit of the warm water the dates soaked in. Add only a little at a time. If the mixture is too sticky, then add a table spoon on Oats (GF if necessary)
Have fun with this!! Its a very forgiving recipe. Eg: You can easily replace the Dates for Raisins! You know what the best part is?? It's healthy enough to eat for breakfast !!!
Ingredients: 4...Yip, just FOUR!
- 1 cup Cashew Nuts (approx. 150g)
- 15 dates (approx. 120g. Soaked in warm water to soften - read my tips on this in the intro above) Preserve the water the Dates soaked in.
- 1.5 cups Greek Yogurt (approx. 400g. Vanilla is best otherwise mix plain with honey to sweeten)
- Fruit to top (Whatever you have at hand. I used Kiwi, Strawberries & Blackberries)
- Rub a tart dish or any standard round 9inch dish with butter - line with parchment paper to stick on the butter (see pics above)
- In a food processor or blender, pulse together the Cashew Nuts & Softened Dates, also adding 1 tsp of the water the dates soaked in.
- (Don't use all the dates at first, you can always add the rest of the amount if its not sticky enough. Easier to add than remove! If you end up with it being to sticky, just add a tbl sp of oats to the mixture)
- Once the mixture is thick & forms a dough, work it into the dish on the parchment paper using your fist.
- Push the mixture so that it spreads evenly and also a little up the sides of the dish
- Refrigerate base for 30 minutes if you have time - if you don't, its fine to use right away
- Using a silicone spatula, spread the yogurt on the base and even it out
- Don't let it overflow above the crust edges
- Top with desired cut fruit, in whatever pattern you wish
- Cover & Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Cut & serve immediately.
- Store leftovers sealed in fridge for up to 3 days
Feel free to leave a comment below, id love to hear from you
If you enjoyed this recipe, you can share it with your friends by clicking the Facebook icon below